on Monday, April 25, 2011 | 0 comments



On my second day I thought i wanted to see Vatican City the Spanish Steps bla bla bla ..I had read somewhere saying that all the visiting places in Rome are just walking distance. One lady said she just took a walk to Vatican City and I didnt read from where was she walking. You see I was going to walk from Termini Station, which I discovered later must be more than 5 MILE away.


Whats with walking anyway, so i thought, I had fun didnt I the day before.


It turned out that it really was a crazy walk , even though i did get to see a few intereseting things. I found the pizza I showed you in my last entry, and the cheap delicious gelato ! and I also found some nice shops, I discovered a small community of the Jews, with their own shops and restaurants, and also where I found a nice leather bag which was screaming from the window Take me take me I am so you !!!! .......




No I didnt grab the bag. Musafir harus punya sifat sabar yang tinggi. huhuhuhu.





I walked and walked and just followed the crowd. There were so many people around, the tourist, and I was just among of them. I followed one lane .. a deserted one and suddenly found a market which was about to close. I bought an apple which cost me about 0.70euro.


I kept on walking and started to realize that there were no more people around only a few locals. I began to realize that I was actually LOST ! hahahaha Padan muka. I was walking in the streets of Travestere. I just kept going and went into a supermarket where they have some nice clothes which reminds meIi so need to get some nice decent dress ... Musafir pun kena pakai lawa juga, instead of the simple shirts and my denim jeans. Macam mana nak jalan kat Milan kalau baju tak lawa nanti .... tsk.



Ok. So I was lost and met a lady whom I thought was lost too. But no, she was not and she showed me how to get back to the river.


I was back on track and later found the CITY. The Vatican. They were having some preparation for something and the city was CLOSED ! and now I had to walk back. My feets were getting tired already. I took a break by just sitting there and did some people watching.


I later walked again and followed the crowd and they took me to Piazza Navona. It was Saturday and the Italians entertainers were out there, doing some performances. I saw a street dancing group and I missed Showdown 2011.




The crowd later took me to Spanish Steps.Not before going into the lanes of the branded shops. I didnt stop any of them but just proceeded to the steps. Orang ramai gila ! Berduyun duyun. Met a Muslim couple whom I asked to take a photo of me. Gambar tu lawa, I saja tak lawa ! Muka letih gila.

view from the spanish steps


view of the spanish steps


So there I was on the steps ... looking straight into the shopping lane with all the crowds.Its crazy. And then it started to rain. Better for me to make a move. I asked for a bit of direction from one Italian man. and he asked me whether I wanted to go by taxi or metro. and I said by foot ... he said phewww and make an expression as if saying Good Luck to you ! while pointing the way.


I saw all the buses passed by and they were all sardine packed. I just kept walking all the while cursing myself and vowed to take the tourist bus the next time !!


I was also starving and I just kept on walking .. my steps were getting slower everytime ... until i finally reached my kedai mamak for some nasi.


From there on my hostel was just around the corner. Never had I been glad to see my dorm.


Oh What a day !!


0 comments:

Post a Comment