on Monday, April 25, 2011 | 3 comments




I woke up early on the third day. My Americans dormates were planning to go to the Vatican for the Easter Mass. Yeap, its Easter time. They wanted to go early and beacuse I wanted to follow I wake up ealier than them so that we didnt have to fight for the bathroom.


I told Laura and Lindsay, that I just wanted to follow them on the transport. Once there I ll just be on my way. We took the metrotrain, a subway. It costs only 1 euro for a trip.


It must be like one of those congegrations there and the Pope was going to make an appearance that day.The mass was apparemtly by invitation and I could see people waving their yellow invitation cards. I of course didnt have one ! I forgot to ask Laura and Lindsay how did they get their cards but I could see that a lot of the tourist have them. Their agents must have arranged for them.



So i just sat there and observe. There were a few lines for people to get in, and it was under a very tight security with the scannings and all. The Polienza were everywhere too. Those people from the Spanish Steps yesterday must be at the Vatican because they started to make quite a crowd here too. I didnt have breakfast and bought some bread from the vendor nearby. Mahal gila.... 5 euro. Cis.





bmw tuuuu




After a while some crowds near the gate were allowed to get inside even without the cards or being checked, and I was lucky to be in one of them. I get to stand a little bit closer to the ceremony. It was strange that they allowed some crowds from this side to get in when on the other sides where the actual lanes were, the people still needed to show their cards under watchful tight securities. I must be the only Muslim there or maybe there are a few others which I didnt see. I only wanted to see what it was all about and hear the Popes voice ...



I finally saw him eventhough from quite a distance and it took him a while to walk to his seat. Pope is getting old you see and once I heard him saying a few lines in Latin, I started to leave. Not only because I couldnt understand him, but beacuse I needed to go to the washroom !


ps Laura and Lindsay said they didnt understand Pope either.

3 comments:

Ayu said...

wahh...jealousnya. Masa aku pi Vatican City dulu nak sgt jumpa Pope..hang kirim salam dak kat dia??

Mila@Rimbun said...

k.N.. saya tgk lagi dekat dari gambar.. tp dlm TV ler wakaka

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

Ayu: tu la... Pope ni appear kalau special ocassion saja.. mcm bila dia tau aku mai dia keluaq la

Mila:Cis,,,, ! hahaha memang laaaaa

Post a Comment